These conventions apply to any variant with a gray (colorless and one-of-each) suit.
- All white conventions also apply to gray cards.
- Just like any other suit, players should use the 2 Save convention and the 5 Save convention to save the gray 2 and the gray 5.
- Obviously, players must use number 3 and number 4 to save the gray 3 and the gray 4, respectively.
- Thus, players have to remember that any number 3 or number 4 clue to their chop could be a save on the gray 3 or the gray 4.
- Additionally, Loaded Play Clues are always "turned on" for save clues on gray 3 and gray 4 specifically.