These conventions apply to any variant with a dark rainbow (touched by all colors and one of each) suit.
- Dark rainbow "inherits" all of the conventions for black cards and all of the conventions for rainbow cards.
- Some specific clarifications and exceptions are listed below.
- Players should save dark rainbow 3 and dark rainbow 4 with a number clue.
- There are two exceptions to this:
- if the color clue also touched another critical card that is visible in the trash (e.g. not a 5 and not dark rainbow)
- if the color matches a suit that is already completely played or accounted for
- Additionally, Loaded Play Clues are always "turned on" for number saves on dark rainbow 3 and dark rainbow 4 specifically.
- Note that in variants where a black color clues is available, dark rainbow 3 and dark rainbow 4 must always be saved with a black color clue.
- Along the same lines, in Dark Rainbow & Dark Pink, dark rainbow cards should be saved with a pink clue, and in Dark Rainbow & Dark Brown, dark rainbow cards should be saved with a brown clue.